Tuesday, August 20, 2013

"Larkin and Broadway"


6x6" oil on Gessobord
Sanchez Art Center, "50/50"

I got back from Maine just in time to hang the "50/50" show. It was fun seeing what the other artists have come up with. I'm really impressed with the overall quality of the work I saw. There is so much great work and most of the prices are so low, I'm not surprised this show has become as popular as it is. If you're interested in coming I suggest going to the ticketed preview, which is ten dollars if you buy in advance. For more info click here.

I had a wonderful, relaxing time in Maine and even managed to take a few pictures to paint from. My only goal for the two weeks was to spend time with family and swim every day regardless of the weather. Spending time with family was easy, swimming every day had its challenging moments. Especially the time my daughter and I went swimming in the bone-chilling ocean in a freezing downpour.

I'm excited to work on paintings for "Waterfront" which opens at the Studio Gallery on September 4th. It will be nice to work on some larger pieces after spending the last month primarily painting 6x6s. I'll post paintings and more info soon.

2 comments:

Nancy Colella said...

Welcome back! Sounds like a well deserved break in Maine! Wish we had a Studio Gallery out here! Your 6 x6 's are amazing....can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Michael Chamberlain said...

Thanks Nancy! Hope you're having a great summer!